Setting new standards
The story of Assaloni
Assaloni was founded in 1920 and was originally established for the manufacturing of agricultural ploughs. However, time went by and the customer requests started to change, and in 1934, the company produced its first snow plough. For Assaloni, the product launch was very successful and in many years after, the snow plough proved to clear the way to international success. The 1960s were years of major industrial development for Assaloni. In keeping up with demand, the company started to produce snow ploughs, snow blowers, and equipment for trucks. At the same time came numerous patents that demonstrated the company’s remarkable ability to innovate: Among these, the device for hydraulic insertion of the second polyurethane cutting edge on the snowblades patented in 1973.
This device has been a huge commercial success, and even today the hydraulic insertion technology remains one of the most widely used systems for cleaning highways today. In 2006 and 2008, Assaloni earned new patents for its innovation: The revolutionary telescopic snow plough, which has become the new benchmark in the sector for snow removal for decades to come.
In 2012, Assaloni joined the Bucher Municipal Group and became a part of the groups' winter maintenance program.